Monday, March 29, 2010

How can you plan for EVERYTHING?



For a while, I was trying to plan out my life so that I could do everything I ever wanted to; sing, act, dance, travel, write, teach, etc...then I realized how slightly ridiculous it is to try to do that. I mean, so many things happen that you can never possibly fathom to take into account. In the coming, unknown years of my life, there will be hundreds of epiphanies, tragedies, wonderful coincidences...it just seems easier and smarter to just remember the important things, give it all everything you've got, and let fate take the rest. things happen the way they happen, and usually they have a way of working themselves out.

I mean, being realistic, I doubt I’ll make a living in musical theater. The odds are nearly astronomical, for one, and I can think of many, many people who have committed far more time, energy, talent, and heart than i have. But I also know that if I don't give it a try, I’ll always wonder. So: I shall try! And who knows? Maybe in college I’ll suddenly fall in love with something else, do that instead, and be incredibly happy. I’m very open!

And very terrified!

No comments:

Post a Comment